Thread: 8.1.1 How to?
View Single Post
07-16-11, 12:40 PM   #3
Narinka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
The concept of the new RDX8.1 is the usage of the theme.
When you load a theme, only windows of this theme are available.

I strongly recommend to create your own AUI package.
(Duplicate a existing package which contains a autodesk script)
You must keep the names of all the windows objects, there are very important. Then transfer your designs into this new package.
Create only one package and store all your windows inside.
Uh.. so I did it at last.. but have uneasy feeling.
As I understood if you wish easy access to windows list you need to keep all your windows in one package and name of this package must be the same as your theme name.
You see, before I had several packages devided by context. Like NariAlerts, NariGrid, NariUI etc, to keep it more organized. In current state I can't have quick access to windows from another package?
And if you drop it all in one package it becomes a bloody mess :S Well.. will need to rethink many things now.

The close option has been removed, because a lot of people closed theirs windows and then they did a reloadUI, thinking windows will come back.
This is why I put the window list in this way. It is easier for new people to understand the window list.
I can understand that, had similar problems at first time. But still.. maybe we can do some alternative (can you revive old minimize maybe)?

To be honest I just hate this idea about 100500 desktops and prefer to switch several windows "on the fly" and keep 1-2 different desktops. DUI is not enough for many classes like druid for example (healer, cat, bear, moonkin all require different windows for me). Windows can be changed very often depending on your task in raid from boss to boss and no.. i can't make it via bossmod because today i'm DD on interrupt duty, next raid i'm tank on the same boss and in another raid i can be healer with several another tasks and need to tweak my windows fast, right here right now. That's main power of RDX for me, not some static UI.
Sorry for a walls of text, I just try to explain why i need such option quite often