Thread: WOD/Pre-patch
View Single Post
11-10-14, 11:48 AM   #260
Draven006
A Fallenroot Satyr
Ok guys this is a strange one

Not that it need to be fixed right now as i know how much Rythal is doing to get this awesome addon working again
But here goes.

IF you have Archaeology as a profession, AND you use the addon Archy, when you go to the world map you cannot view the map of other zones.

IF you have Archaeology as a profession, AND you DONT use the addon Archy, the the map works like a charm.

IF you DONT have Archaeology as a profession, AND you still have the addon Archy activated then the world map works like a charm.

So the conclusion is that WITH THE PROFESSION and the ARCHY addon, something must be getting written to the map (like where the digsites are or something) that stops the other zones in the map from being viewed.

A long time ago i discovered this and spoke to the Developer of Archy and he called out that it was carbonites fault NOT his, this was of corse back in the day when Carbonite was a paid for addon and THOSE Developers were not prepared to do anything about it (even though i was a paying customer)

So maybe while the code is being looked at, i was wondering if there is anything that might stand out.

As it is, i cannot see the digsites on my Carbonite map right now, but i am sure that will be fixed sometime soon

I also cannot view my Blizzard map and change the zones on that with Carbonite maps installed.

Hope someone can help answer these quirky little things.