View Single Post
07-22-13, 09:55 PM   #11
Niketa
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
@Phanx

The reason why I didn't use INSTANCE_ENCOUNTER_ENGAGE_UNIT is because from what I understand it only works on more recent bosses that have the boss frames. For the purpose of the addon I'm working on, I will need to be able to check bosses from older raids as well.

Also as for the local variables being defined out of the handler functions, I've only defined those outside when I need to use that variable in a different handler. So I set it as a local variable with a nil value and then when an event fires the value is changed appropriately. I'm then able to use that same variable in other events without defining it as global, which I've been trying to avoid as much as possible so I don't have any conflicts with other addons using the same variables and without having to use ridiculously long variable names. What would be a more efficient method of passing variables around?

With the CLEU variables defined in the wrong space, that just came from a lot of confusion. All of my programming work is self taught through trial and error and as much google/forum research as I can. Definitely still at a beginner phase. At the time of writing that I didn't quite understand the arguments and I still only have a hazy idea of how they work (but I understand how I messed up because these values would be different for each CLEU).