View Single Post
04-10-09, 03:47 PM   #12
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by cara View Post
I downloaded the Aloft version that was uploaded on Archives yesterday, but just like before, it fails to display enemy class colors. Everyone is red. I've tried mixing around with options inside Waterfall but nothing works.

Wonderful mod otherwise, thanks.

cara
sorry for the delay in responding. hope you all see this.

anyway, at this point, Aloft users should always enable Blizzard's standard interface option "Combat>Class Colors in Nameplates" (otherwise, explicit mouseover or target action will be required to obtain class information on targets, which is generally not how people want Aloft to operate in PvP ).

(perhaps the time has come for Aloft itself to enable this Blizzard option, and force it to remain enabled. for Aloft users, with Aloft's own options for controlling nameplate colors, all this option does is allow Aloft to identify target class more quickly.)

as well, of course, Aloft's "Health Bar>Colors>Color Hostile by Class" option should also be enabled.

i cannot reproduce these problems with class colors, using any recent version of Aloft. generally speaking, these issues trace back to the Blizzard option and whether or not it is enabled by the user.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"