Thread: Update issues
View Single Post
02-20-15, 10:55 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Attached minion.xml and log files; I see several issues in there:

The WoW-2 install is pointing at a PTR client that has not existed on this computer for months. It should be able to quickly identify that the install is gone, and just remove it from the game list. (Note that the Curse Client fails at this too; it keeps wasting time scanning for old PTR/beta installs until I explicitly remove them from its list of detected games. Doesn't seem like it should be so hard to do this right!)

The WoW-3 and -4 installs are on a networked drive that I un-checked on the "which drives do you want to scan for addons" dialog and had also explictly told Minion to ignore during my previous test session months earlier.

As suspected, Bagnon is not being detected because I've removed the optional Bagnon_GuildBank plugin folder:
Code:
[2015-02-16 19:48:11.WARNING com.zam.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService checkSavedExist AddOn 'Bagnon' has been manually removed (missing dir 'Bagnon_GuildBank').
By contrast, the Curse Client just marks Bagnon as "modified" and prompts me to confirm that I want to overwrite it when updating. (It's also not included in "update all" or auto-update operations; I have to manually click "update" which I think is a good arrangement.)

Also seeing a lot of entries like this in the log:
Code:
[2015-02-16 19:48:11.WARNING com.zam.minion.service.AddOnDetectionService checkSavedExist AddOn 'oUF Phanx' has been manually removed (missing dir 'oUF_Phanx').
...most of which make no sense because those directories are indeed present in the AddOns folder, many of them as Git repos or SVN working copies.
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (40.2 KB, 434 views)
File Type: log minion0.log (332.7 KB, 302 views)