View Single Post
01-13-10, 11:26 AM   #52
opismahname
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Yes, the number of spaces you use is up to you. Most of the time I just tab to the next spot but sometimes I just use the space bar. Depends whether I am practising or working on releasable code.

As to the image being displayed. I think it is possible but you will probably have to make some changes for it to work. I haven't personally played with displaying a message with an icon like Miks Scrolling Battle Text but more than likely it is to do with setting up a frame to display with a texture object and a fontstring on there to receive the spell icon and your message and just hide the frame when it doesn't need to be displayed and display it when you want it to. Sounds simple right ?

Take a browse through the wowwiki widget api pages and look at the Frame options. There should be something like Frame:CreateTexture and Frame:CreateFontString or something to that affect, running on memory here rofl. There may even be some examples you could look at.

Make a new addon and copy the files ( renaming them appropriately ) and making the relevant changes to reflect the new addon idea functionality. This way if it doesn't work you can always go back to the one you started off with and rethink your strategy. If you have made the transfer correctly it should run as if you were running the original addon, but just with a different name.

Have fun investigating, try out some ideas and if you can't figure out why it doesn't work the way you want just post here and I'm sure we will be able to point you in the right direction.
Heh, found one thing that might be able to load the icon into the raid message, and thats http://www.wowwiki.com /Queriable_buff_effects (scroll down almost so long as possible and take a look what is written there). But it says something about macros so im not sure :S