Thread: DropDown Menus
View Single Post
06-12-14, 12:44 AM   #16
TULOA
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
#1 - The default error display cannot show you errors that occur during the initial loading process. If you're not using BugSack or Swatter, then "no errors" is quite possibly wrong.

#2 - A scoping problem does not necessarily mean you have a syntax error. You are allowed to refer to a variable that isn't defined -- the end result is the same as if you'd explicitly defined the variable with a value of nil -- and you are allowed to pass nil to functions.

#3 - The error points to whichever line in Blizzard's code tries to do something with the value you passed into the function. If the value is nil at that point, it was also nil (or some other non-table value) when you passed it. This, again, points to a scoping issue within your code, or a misnamed variable.

#4 - Four years of college and you're still using the term "code error" and don't understand how a stack trace works? Really? I tried to give you a second chance here, despite the fact that your previous posts have made it quite clear that you don't really want help. You're always right, you never make mistakes, you know everything, and every line of code you write is perfect just the way it is. Carry on.
No I am not always right and I dumb down terms to fit the needs of general public.

At this point I am sick of you. You only seem to mock those that dont worship you as a god. You arent.

Sure I dont know about stack traces as it wasnt taught. I know I coded it right as some were copies from source that failed as a test.

DO not reply back. I know I wont reply back to you. There is absolutely no reason for you to be this smug and arrogant when I already stated I had solved my issue when no one else could and I never said I needed help with EasyMenu. I simply wont use it.