View Single Post
05-27-10, 06:33 PM   #14
Ahucha
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by markv View Post
Ahucha give me your thoughts on this layout I just finished for grid. Not everything is lined up 100% and that but it's a basic idea to start with. Let me know if that's kind of something that would work for healers.

That is a beautiful layout. My only personal concern is the grid window. It looks to be fine for 25 man, although maybe a little tight.

Personally I run grid at 30x60 pixels. It also looks like the buff window may actually be bigger than needed, but only practical testing will show that.
What you have done with the bars is much better than the stack.

I do like the new layout.

We could possibly put the map and chat 3 further toward center and then use the larger right chat frame for grid and the map frame for decursive. Symmetry is not an issue here; I think it could balance well, and that could free up a little more center space if you resize.

Your work is awesome. It's worthy of having predifined class profiles to make it easier for players, especially predefined grid for different classes, as this has the makings of a great healing ui. Switching layouts for dual spec would be a great feature too. Switch everything back to where you have it now for DPS and Tanking classes, with a threat based grid warning on smaller grid frames in the middle, right next to your omen, (or skada threat window for continuity). Home run. Seriously good work.