View Single Post
04-18-09, 11:43 AM   #12
Falter
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
You can lead an idiot to an idiot's guide.
You cannot make them read it.
But they are my friends, simple as they may be.
So I'll help them the best I can, by recommending an updater. And at the moment, there is only 1.

Now Laslo, you're right, but also consider that those same folks that don't take part in the community are still needed to generate ad revenue to support those that do take part in the community. If WoWMatrix wasn't good for ad revenue for WoWI, the Curse Client can't be any better. And since we all agree people like the one-click solution, I'm sure we can all agree those folks won't be manually updating by hand here when they can use the Curse client, right?

And once people get settled in with the Curse Client, those simple minded folks we post idiot guides for, will likely not be returning until the Curse Client is discontinued, which I don't see happening anytime soon. So where does that leave WoWI?

Now, I know this was a collaborated effort, but in my opinion, Curse is going to benefit from this far more than WoWI if I am correct and the user base settles in over there.

I hope that illustrates more clearly my source of angst. Betamax, BeOS, HD-DVD... I have a long history of being on the losing side because I think a product is better than the competition but they find some way to botch it. I hope this isn't another chapter in my ongoing saga. And to be fair, I was never that into HD-DVD.