Thread: Target Change
View Single Post
02-10-14, 01:43 PM   #10
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by kasca View Post
Iam at a loss. I hate kg panels. As far as i can tell there nothing harder to use =( Ikryed changeing a btex panel to do this. I cant get it to work. I dont understand lua at all. I dont understand why ALL the uis are the same ugly buttons or unchangeable. Why is it to find something that works i have to use someone else set up!
You don't need to know anything about Lua to use kgPanels. You just create a panel, give it the desired size, drag it to the desired location on the screen, and change its level until it's behind the button. Since you don't want it to be visible, and you don't want it to do anything when clicked on, there's nothing else you need to do. You can completely ignore the boxes where you could type in Lua scripts -- you don't need to touch those boxes. Just leave them blank.

If you are unable or unwilling to configure any addons yourself, then using someone else's configuration is really your only option. No addon author can read your mind to know exactly what you want, especially when what you want is 100% dependent on the rest of your UI setup. There is simply no way for an addon to magically know which buttons you want "dead zones" around, and be set up perfectly for your needs by default.

I guess your other option would be to find a friend who is willing to set up the addons for you, or write a custom addon for you, but they would need a copy of your entire UI, and they would have to re-do it every time you changed something in your UI, so they'd have to be a pretty good friend to want to do that much work.