View Single Post
10-23-14, 08:01 PM   #72
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Names not being unique between regions is irrelevant, since it's trivial to accuately identify your current region now. Based on the discovery that GUIDs don't provide accurate IDs for connected realm players, I think I'll make the following changes in LibRealmInfo:

1. The primary lookup for realms will switch to a name. It's always possible to get the correct realm name for any given player through the game API, but only possible to get the correct realm ID for players who are your Battle.net friends or who are not on connected realms.

2. The library API will always give you the ID of the realm you queried, so if you want to store data internally based on realm IDs, you'll still be able to do that.

3. You'll still be able to query realms by ID if you want. If you got the ID from a player's GUID you should double-check that the returned name matches what you expect, in case the player is on a connected realm.

4. You'll still be able to query realms in other regions if you want.

Edit: Bringer, based on that data for Tawian, it looks like they do have some connected realms... I'll go ahead and add that data to the lib, but can you log onto "日落沼澤" (picked because the first character is easy to identify) and verify that "/dump GetAutoCompleteRealms()" only lists "屠魔山谷" and itself?

Another one that should be easy to pick out of the list -- 尖石 (only two characters, both simple) should be connected with 冰風崗哨 and 寒冰皇冠.

Thanks!

Edit #2: In your Taiwan data, a realm "雲蛟衛" is listed, but no realm by this name exists in the current lib data. Do you have an active TW account? If so, can you log into the character transfer page, select a character, and then grab the realm list from the following page?

Last edited by Phanx : 10-23-14 at 08:59 PM.