View Single Post
08-04-08, 09:18 PM   #299
Martinus
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Jungleanimal View Post
Ok, so let me just repeat again that this UI is freakin awesome. I will never go back to the dark ages of configuring my own UI or using the default blizzard stuff. Now that I have done dailies with the UI here are my HUD questions.

1) Just a user friendliness consideration: I think it would be better to put the HP on the outside and make it bright green by default so that it is the most noticeable of the HUD bars. Mana /rage/energy is important but for some reason my brain migrates to the outer edges for information. Not a huge deal but just like HP is on top in horizontal bars I think it should be outside which is (for some reason in my head) most noticable on vetical bars.

2) Again with the default settings for new users. I had a hard time learning the HUD so I am suggesting things I think will make it more intuitive out of the box. Instead of white and green text on the top and bottom stats it would be good for the color of the numbers to correspond to the bars. For instance if HP is bright g then the HP numbers are bright green. If mana is blue then the mana number are blue. It helps with consistency (for me anyway).

That is all for now. Like I said though, overall, this UI is insane. I am bragging all over my guild forums and posting screen shots of my UI for everyone to see.

In fact here is how I have mine configured.

Once we figure out raid frames and associated info this UI will be unstoppable compared to the crap I have used in the past.

Hello Jungle,

I also use Carbonite and saw that you replaced the map in the map frame. Did you had to modify some code files, or you found an option letting you do that?

Mart.