View Single Post
08-28-12, 08:30 AM   #48
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
This mornings update!

Spent to much time last night on it, had to run out the door this morning for work before I could do any sort of packaging, but it should be live ready (can't say for 100% until it's actually tested against live lol)

All the new starting area's are done and tested along with testing quest tracking in and outside the zone .. getting a quest in northshire, then running to goldshire which on the new system is two totally different maps, still shows the quest objective in approximate world location.. until you zone into northshire and the map shifts then it updates itself to real location

Satellite zoom google map is added for pandaria and partially working, its gonna be painful fun since I'm still learning how it's all put together and I did things backwards, starting with blizzard continent map, then zone overlays scaled to fit, then overhead satellite map ... which means the scaling is all wrong between the two maps and the satellite map.. you can zoom in on it, and what your looking at will be a tiny bit to the south, or east from where you expected it to be.

Gonna take time to redo it starting with the satellite map, then scale and lineup continent map, then scale and lineup overlays... but it's just fiddling with numbers, and a month to get them down

The only major things still missing that I can see, are battlegrounds and instance maps for the pandarian zones.

As always I'm hopeful we will have word from the devs today saying a real update is coming making all this null and void.

----
Reddsonja: not to worry, nothing has been removed