View Single Post
07-19-08, 11:52 PM   #152
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Jungleanimal View Post
1) Just a user friendliness consideration: I think it would be better to put the HP on the outside and make it bright green by default so that it is the most noticeable of the HUD bars. Mana /rage/energy is important but for some reason my brain migrates to the outer edges for information. Not a huge deal but just like HP is on top in horizontal bars I think it should be outside which is (for some reason in my head) most noticable on vetical bars.

2) Again with the default settings for new users. I had a hard time learning the HUD so I am suggesting things I think will make it more intuitive out of the box. Instead of white and green text on the top and bottom stats it would be good for the color of the numbers to correspond to the bars. For instance if HP is bright g then the HP numbers are bright green. If mana is blue then the mana number are blue. It helps with consistency (for me anyway).
I hadn't noticed that exactly, but now that you mention it, that did kinda throw me off at first...

In fact here is how I have mine configured.
2 questions regarding your layout, Illustrated by picture:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UI-1.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	1788