View Single Post
08-10-08, 09:47 AM   #395
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Ok, well I finally made it back from vacation and WoW (pun intended) this board has lit up with activity. I am extremely excited about the the new beta 2 by reading the updates. I will be sending another donation upon release because I love it that someone is doing this work that makes it easy for me to have a great UI without all the hassle of a million mods. I am really excited about the focus frame getting some much needed love because I am a mage and I set my sheep target as my focus frame in raids to get business done. My one and only question is that it looked like there was some scrolling text in the latest screen shots. Was that SCT or is scrolling text built into nUI now?

Today is going to a be a WoW day for me as I have missed many of my fun time hours due to being on vacation camping with the kids (which sounds like fun unless you are the parent organizing and taking care of the whole sweaty mess). Today I have a whole day to myself. Woo Hoo! Also, due to the insane configurability (not a word) that seems to be built into beta 2 I have no worries about the frames like I did before. I look forward to getting all that sRaidframes crap off my screen.

It looks like a lot has happened in the last week. It is going to be really fun to use the second version of a UI that is built by a professional software developer. I tossed out my previous cobbled together mess of mods and I am never going back. I work in IT and it always seems that the second attempt is when you really nail things down and fix "rookie" mistakes when learning a new language or API. The first attempt was awesome so I can only imagine that a complete rewrite based on the things you learned is basically going to make nUI THE ONLY CHOICE for the majority of people that just want a crisp clean UI without a bunch of hassle. I can't wait.

Jungle