View Single Post
08-10-08, 02:09 PM   #398
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by blackfirefox View Post
Thank you for that kind praise. I truly appreciate it, and I truly appreciate your efforts.
The thanks is all mine... you've helped me a lot.

In the new layout the pet action buttons, can they be used by non hunter classes, I have an alt mage and have not been able to figure out how to utilize that bar.
In a word, no. This is something that comes up again and again as folks spot that space and go AHA! I CAN PUT MORE BUTTONS THERE! ~grin~ The problem is that space is multi-purposed which is how Bliz does it as well. That space is used for the hunter pet bar, the warrior stance bar, the druid shapeshift bar, the pally aura bar and the rogue stealth (a waste of space)

Those are all different bars and buttons and they are both not interchangeable and not action buttons... which is why you can't drag an action onto them and drop it.

On the face of it, it would seem that if your toon is none of the above, then why not be able to put something else there? The answer to that is the one bar I didn't mention, the possess bar which appears any time you possess another mob. Examples are a hunter's Eyes of the Beast, Warlock's Eye of Kilrogg, Priests Mind Control, etc. More than that, there are also quite a few quests and events that use a possess bar -- the Karazan Chess Event being the first that comes to mind.

So, anyway, in a nutshell, that space is a very busy place and it took a lot of tinkering to get it to work reliably as it is. Adding yet another bar is begging for a problem. Perhaps someday in the future when I have truly mastered all things WoW I'll look at adding the option of an action bar for classes that don't use a pet/stance/aura bar.

Also can scroll bar in the chat window be resized, make the buttons just a tad smaller.
Actually, in that screen shot, the only nUI code set that was enabled was the action bars and the unit frames, so the chat frame was the Bliz default at the time. But since you mention that, I'll make sure to add the ability to size and locate those buttons to the skinning system. Thanks for the idea.