View Single Post
09-18-17, 02:39 AM   #11
Taraezor
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cursed!

Could not agree more with the OP.

Also, I have had to instal Chrome just so I can make my uploads to Curse less... cursed.

Some time ago before the reorganisation / redesign over at Curseforge and Curse I noticed that changes to description text on the 'forge began to take a lot longer to get mirrored on Curse. Also, page load times and general delays extended quite a lot. I looked into it. My conclusion was that it was a question of economics and whatever backends are used, they are running on a much slimmer budget.

Then the new-beaut Curseforge. What a nightmare. An overall reduction in features, from my point of view, as well as all the problems the OP listed.

Their search function also does not work properly. They seem to use a cache and that cache, presumably for budget reasons, gets updated infrequently. It was weeks before my new Long Forgotten Hippogryph AddOn would show up when you entered "Long Forgotten Hippogryph" in their search engine. Doh!

Sometimes, in frustration, I direct people via my AddOn comments to THIS website if they want the latest version of an AddOn.