View Single Post
07-16-08, 12:13 PM   #6
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Software that updates your mods are not against the ToS. My faith in humanity is always diminished when I follow up threads like this with a few Google searches. On this topic alone I have seen statements that mod update software is against the ToS, that UI Mods that measure threat are illegal, Auctioneer is banable, etc.

Ugh.

How could WoWMatrix have been involved? Unlikely, but I can see if the user downloaded a "hacked" version which installed a keylogger - then the account was accessed from afar - but you would think there would be complaints of gold/items missing. Hmmm.. A mystery.

UI Mods are controlled by Blizzard - when someone pushes the boundaries with a UI mod Blizzard reacts and changes the macro langugage accordingly. It amazes me that people do not realize how much effort Blizzard goes through to implement scripting so that people CAN customize their gaming experience. Yet you still get "Huh, I did nothing and got banned - must be my mods". Bleh.

Don't have G15 keyboard macros automatically do things for you. Don't have people in Asia level your toons/professions. Don't buy gold. Period.

Oh- and fork over the $6.50 for the authenticator.

Meh.

/steps_off_soapbox

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."