View Single Post
05-14-09, 06:24 PM   #211
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by lilsparky View Post
i'm saying they selected a patch day to commence the blocking. why would they do that? did they feel like letting wowmatrix continue to leech bandwidth until the next patch? seems kind of unlikely. did they think inconveniencing the most users in the shortest period of time would be good PR? again, that seems unlikely. i'm left thinking that the date was decided upon to help convince wowi to go along with it. cairenn says herself that there was little real choice since the patch day traffic would have been crippling.
Seerah said they had come out with it before Patch day there was a very real fear the WM would of been able to get around the block somehow. I'm sure I've also seen posts by Our-Illustrous-Forum-Lady-Whose-Name-I-Cant-Spell-Properly and Dolby-He-Who-Makes-Sure-The-Servers-Stay-Up to support this view. I choose to believe them.

Yes I know it sucks from a user side of things. But IMHO it is the lesser of two evils - upset some people and have the site stay up or have the site go down and have no one able to access it.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)