View Single Post
12-18-13, 09:24 AM   #101
Nadiah
A Kobold Labourer
reply to all thats going on about nUI and scott

I am not an addon creator, however I know how to code, I am just too lazy to do it.
People that create the addons, put their spare time in it, should not got abusive comments as a reward, besides the issue thats playing now, I have seen comments in other addons as well, where people expected to get immediate support, immediate changes. The moment the FREE addon is uploaded, there are people that seem to think it entitles them to first class support, as if the authors have nothing else to do than sit at home and dedicate every minute to it. Now we have an issue in which an author asked for some attention to this charity he believes in, nothing more nothing less, and in response he got loads of hate mails. At that point there was no mention of restricting access to nUI or support. I was honestly shocked to hear people in our community were so short sighted that only the request to look at it and consider donation called that behavior out of them. As far as I been kept updated, nUI stays free, updates stay available as well support, but its restricted. The restrictions as mentioned are not at all unreasonable. Yes there is an option to donate, but there are also referral options or taking the effort of sending the author a personal email requesting access. I don't see any harm in that. Giving something created away for free is one thing, but being obliged to just hand it to people that look so down on you that they feel the need to call you names is in my opinion ridiculous.

I feel sorry for Scott, he had so many good intentions which in the end led to all this drama.
I think its a shame that WoWI felt the need to get themselves involved the way they did.
When Scott addressed the community that left him out in the cold, I did not feel he addressed the people that not contributed money, but the people that felt the need to insult him and/or his cause, so asking him to apologize to those is even a greater insult imo.

There is a lot more to say about this but for me these are my two pennies to the matter.
One thing I like to add, all hail to the addon authors that make it for so many people possible to play the game on a higher level than they would if they had to use the standard blizz interface. Thank you all for all the time and effort you put in this something ungrateful work. Just know, against every one negative person, there is a boat load of people that do appreciate you and are grateful for the work you do.