View Single Post
07-19-11, 11:20 AM   #489
anseloth
Coding Archmage

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Třasty View Post
Firstly I'd like to thank those that are maintaining this in Maul's absence. So, Thank a bunch!

I have been using Macaroon for awhile now but I have not been able to figure out how to solve this problem I have been having. It's near impossible to test (with my limited knowledge anyhow) before actually needing to see if it works or not. So I have just been enabling the stock Blizzard Action Bar via the Interface frame so that I can access these buttons.

Basically my issue is this:
During some Boss fights (think Heroic Nefarian) your action bars (if using the Blizzard default) will change during a special event. For example on the Nef encounter when you get Dominion cast on you, your bars will change to only being able to cast Stolen Power and Free Your Mind.

How would I go about enabling my current bars/buttons to allow me to use these new abilities without having to show the Blizzard Action Bar?
what you are asking for sounds a LOT like a Possess/Vehicle/Control Bar. there is a section in the Maul's Kitchen! : FAQ that tells how to set them up. (except, well, it only explains it for possess bars; to set up a vehicle bar, just follow the steps for a possess bar, but use the vehicle option wherever it says "possess".) here's a link to that section: http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.php?id=221&a=faq&faqid=351

oh and, if you want to test your new Possess/Vehicle/Control Bar out, i'd suggest going to the Argent Tournament Grounds in Icecrown, and mounting up on one of their combat mounts. those mounts provide an easy and safe test for these bars.

but, if a possess/vehicle/control bar wasn't what you are asking for, then is there any chance we could get a different example of your actionbars changing, namely, one that doesn't require being in the raid team of a high-end raiding guild? (using the LFG interface to do 5 man ZG/ZA heroics is the height of my regular "raiding" schedule.)

Last edited by anseloth : 07-19-11 at 11:31 AM. Reason: typos. lotsa tyops.