View Single Post
01-22-11, 03:08 PM   #7
Poreo
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by Rammoth View Post
Also, I've played this game for 6 years... I think I'm entitled to play easier if I want to after 6 years of mashing buttons and having to be quick. It's just a bit much now, after so long of doing it.
This is incorrect. If blizzard did allow this functionality, whats the point of having action bars ? I would just get one button, arrange my entire rotation in order, hit it once and watch the dmg fly . Like the poster above me said, you could make that kind of macro and keep mashing the same button really fast. Macros like those also do have a downside as macros aren't allowed to detect stuff ( at least I don't think so ) .

For example, to make my life easier I made a macro that did this , Apply Frost Fever disease > Apply Blood Plague disease > Use scourge strike , bla bla bla , if one of those diseases got resisted or the attack missed, the macro wouldn't "know ". It would just keep on going as you mash it, well it did the last time I tried doing it on a dummy, back when I was experimenting with macros .

Now, factor in GCD and you'll be as well off doing it like everyone else than having a macro. Even when I'm on my UH DK with presence on, I can reach the button faster than global cooldown is up, and I am assuming most people can too seeing as it's not that hard .