Thread: Addon Request
View Single Post
03-13-13, 10:37 PM   #5
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't think that's the case here.

OP is not being secretive in fear of someone stealing his addon idea.

He's after a guild or raid management related addon from what I can guess and needs one tailored to a specific set of rules.
There's a bunch of addons (more on Curse than here) that are variants of suicide kings, zero-sum, loot council, epgp etc and more are popping up all the time

It seems even with the multitude of options there's still communities that want one tailored "just so".

That said, I will agree with Phanx that you'll have more chance of getting some meaningful response if you post at least a few more details on purpose / scope / research into existing addons you've already done and what they're missing.

If my guess is correct and you're after a loot management addon I'd suggest taking a look at the (GuildLaunch adopted) DKPMon addon and plugins.

Requesting a plugin for it will probably be alot less work than writing something from scratch (and honestly if you don't have a coder in your guild / alliance it's unlikely for an author to take upon themselves a big project they have no vested interest in, incentives or not )