View Single Post
08-12-14, 04:53 PM   #12
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
After removing the .minion folder in my Windows user folder and running the app again:

(1) No minion.log was generated, either before or after exiting the app. After exiting the app and launching it again, a log was generated. Is there something special I need to do to generate a log file on the first run?

(2) Fan updates seem to be posing a problem. 4 addons were misidentified as outdated fan update versions, and 1 was misidentified as an "alpha update" version that has its own separate project page on the site.

Badapples was wrongly identified as Cirk's Badapples - Fan Update in one network install. The (SVN working) copy in the local install was correctly identified. It is not present in the other network install.

Examiner was (again) wrongly identified as Raio X in one network install. The copies in the local install and the other network install were correctly identified.

Grid was wrongly identified as Sexy Grid (Fan Update) in both network installs. The (SVN working) copy in the local install was correctly identified.

Skada was wrongly identified as Skada 4.2 PTR Fan Update. The copy in the other network install was correctly identified. It is not present in the local install.

TellMeWhen wrongly identified as TellMeWhen (Fan Update) in both network installs. It is not present in the local install.

Tidy Plates: Threat Plates wrongly identified as Tidy Plates: Threat Plates - Alpha Update in both network installs. (They're separate projects with their own download pages; I checked.) It is not present in the local install.
(3) The initial scan hung on Detected 'Stuf Unit Frames (and Raid)' for about 2 minutes. Some other addons seemed to take a while, too, but none as long as this. There didn't seem to be any pattern; at first I thought it was taking a long time to scan large addons, but it also stuck on some tiny ones, and breezed right through DBM.

(4) Re: Disappearing updates on subsequent runs. After wiping the settings and letting it start over, it seems to be showing the correct updates for the local install all the time, but is losing track of most (but not all) updates for the two network installs.

First run:

(Local) 59 updates
(Network #1) 48 updates
(Network #2) 72 updates

Nothing downloaded or ignored.

Second run:

Local: 59 updates
Network #1: 2 updates (should still be 48)
Network #2: 2 updates (should still be 72)

Nothing downloaded or ignored.

Third run:

Stuck on 'Detected HelmSaver' for about 45 seconds. The next addon listed (just occurred to me that that's probably what it's actually taking so long with) was DBM.

Local: 59 updates
Network #1: 4 updates (should still be 48)
Network #2: 4 updates (should still be 72)

Updated 1 addon in each install.

Fourth run:

Local: 58 updates
Network #1: 1 update (should be 47)
Network #2: 1 update (should be 71)

Updated 1 addon in the local install only.

Fifth run:

Stuck on 'Detected HelmSaver' again. Next addon scrolled by too fast to catch, but I guess it was probably DBM again.

Local: 57 updates
Network #1: 3 updates (should be 47, but at least it's now -1 from the third run...)
Network #2: 3 updates (should be 71, but at least it's now -1 from the third run...)

Nothing downloaded.
(5) Attached ZIP file contains log files from various runs:
  • minion-run1.xml - As it existed after exiting from the first run.
  • minion-run5.xml - As it existed after exiting from the fifth run.
  • minion0-run2.log - As it existed when created, immediately after launching for the second run.
  • minion0-run2-after.log - As it existed after exiting from the second run.
  • During the third run and all subsequent runs, the log file was 0 bytes in size.
  • minion0-run3-after.log - As it existed after exiting from the third run.
  • minion0-run4-after.log - As it existed after exiting from the fourth run.
  • minion0-run5-after.log - As it existed after exiting from the fifth run.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MinionLogs.zip (158.3 KB, 226 views)

Last edited by Phanx : 08-12-14 at 04:56 PM.