View Single Post
08-02-08, 02:48 PM   #287
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation Another internationalization request...

This is not a particularly important request, however, I thought I would ask all the same. As I'm sure most of you have picked up on with my "news" posts, I have taken the steps to make the Beta 2 fully internationalized. At present I have people helping me with translations for German, French, Spanish, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese. I am also looking for someone who can translate English to Korean for me.

That said, there's one localization that I have kind of left out... and that's Great Britain. On the face of it, it wouldn't seem all that important to internationalize for Great Britain since we each speak relatively similar versions of English.

However, it does occur to me that there are a fair number of spelling differences such as "color" -vs- "colour" and so on that if I were English, I strongly suspect would get on my nerves.

With that in mind, if there's anyone who would be interested in converting my traumatized version of American English to the King's English, please drop me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll send you a localization file you can edit to create a "proper" English version of nUI.

Many thanks to all who have been lending a hand on this internationalization effort!

EDIT: Okay... I have someone to help with the King's English version of nUI. Many thanks to Noble for stepping up to the plate. I do still need someone to handle English to Korean though.

Last edited by spiel2001 : 08-02-08 at 04:13 PM.