View Single Post
07-11-10, 05:31 AM   #63
Aarokh
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by seebs View Post
The next day, trade chat is full of his sister's name, cell number, workplace... Turns out the guild leader was a bit of a jerk.
So, you are upset about him spamming things which were public through the internet already? (Facebook for example?) It's not a fine thing to do and he certainly is a jerk but on the one hand people are crying bloody murder over the realID thing, on the other hand are giving out all of their personal details on facebook. Sounds like hypocrisy to me.

So, for example you play WoW, you got a facebook account with all your real information revealed to the internet.. But you are upset that people might know which facebook users actually play which toon(s) in WoW?

Sorry but this is double morale to me. If you don't post your phone number on Twitter, Facebook, vz.net (german) or other sites then people won't get your phone number in WoW through the RealID either.. I checked with various search sites like pipl and so on and There wasn't one match in the results. (there actually were like 6 Matches, all from people in the USA, I live outside of the US and I wasn't among the results.)

So maybe you guys shouldn't worry which info gets revealed in WoW, but which info is actually revealed about you on certain websites already. With a name and surname alone there's still enough protection for your privacy. Or are you also frightened that when you have a work dinner with your boss and he says your name in the reastaurant that some stalker sitting 1 table beside you might write it down with a pencil?
"Hey Boss don't call me "Mister Nick Soandso" please, someone could look me up on the internet and spread my phone number in the news tomorrow!"

Last edited by Aarokh : 07-11-10 at 05:32 AM. Reason: formatting~