View Single Post
05-14-09, 09:23 PM   #214
nosscire
A Murloc Raider
I find it hilarious that you guys still keep fighting over this in this way.

It's simple. You have 3 companies in the same market, but doing their business in different ways. This market is very dependant on goodwill from users.
Suddenly these companies clashes. What do they do? Try to show that the other one is immoral, and to raise themselves to the sky's ofcourse

Is WoWMatrix FAQ (the fact that it may be questions they want to answer, and not questions they were mailed doesn't matter, this is a pretty common way of naming it) twisting the truth? OFCOURSE THEY ARE!
WoWInterface and Curse do the same thing. It's about making and maintaining goodwill. Marketing.

I won't give examples of where WoWMatrix is bending the truth, you all know that already, but lets look at curse and wowinsider.

At first they claimed that WoWMatrix hadn't in any way responded when trying to make deals. They were the evil pirates, ignoring everything, no parlay, harrr!
Then WoWMatrix disputed this. They had had talks, and they had offered to pay.
Curse/WoWinterface (cant remember who said what exacly) then change their story. Sure, there had been talks, but the deal offered by WoWMatrix was bad.

Now, I don't dispute that the deal might have been bad, I don't know how much they offered. I'm talking about marketing here.

We have 3 companies, all bending the truth to fit their needs. It's nothing strange.

People, you need to learn to never take a pressrelease as full truth. All companies have an interest in making goodwill, companies online even more so. Don't swallow anyone's story whole, look at the big picture and use the gray thing inside your skull to see what makes sense.