11-22-21, 06:25 AM   #3
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
[string "@RepByZone\Core-Retail.lua"]:329: in function `CheckSholazarBasin'
[string "@RepByZone\Data-Retail.lua"]:13: in function `ZoneAndFactionList'
[string "@RepByZone\Core-Retail.lua"]:450: in function `SwitchedZones'
From these 3 lines repeating near the top of the stack, this indicates an infinite loop.
This is triggered both from RepByZone:OnEnable() calling RepByZone:ZoneAndFactionList() and your events calling RepByZone:SwitchedZones().

Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
However, if I remove those lines in SwitchedZones(), I get the error below, which didn't exist until two days ago. Again, this doesn't make sense to me, since the tables are not nil.
The variable in question is indeed nil, but to explain, we'll walk through the call stack.
[string "=[C]"]: in function `pairs'
[string "@RepByZone\Core-Retail.lua"]:452: in function `SwitchedZones'
[string "@RepByZone\Core-Retail.lua"]:329: in function `CheckSholazarBasin'
[string "@RepByZone\Data-Retail.lua"]:13: in function `ZoneAndFactionList'
[string "@RepByZone\Core-Retail.lua"]:152: in function <RepByZone\Core-Retail.lua:140>
The first entry points to this line in RepByZone:OnEnable().
Code:
zonesAndFactions = self:ZoneAndFactionList()
The error occurs while running RepByZone:ZoneAndFactionList() so the variable (and others following it) doesn't actually get set.

This continues on to RepByZone:CheckSholazarBasin(), which proceeds with calling RepByZone:SwitchedZones(). Note this function hasn't returned yet either and continues holding up the line.

Now RepByZone:SwitchedZones() is running, but because neither of the functions have had the ability to return yet, subZonesAndFactions (to be set after zonesAndFactions in RepByZone:OnEnable()) is still nil.

I suggest removing self:SwitchedZones() from RepByZone:CheckSholazarBasin(). That one line is what's causing all of your problems. If you need to call RepByZone:SwitchedZones() from RepByZone:OnEnable(), put it in there.