View Single Post
10-05-11, 08:56 PM   #14
Schfiftyfive
A Kobold Labourer
Hey buddy, I had this very same issue, and on my end it seemed to be a few addons that CAUSE the issue to START, however, I was able to leave my addons alone, and solve the problem, simply by opening my spellbook, and using escape to close it, and that seemed to restore functionality to my escape key, as far as being able to open my menu, clear targets, etc etc. I am a complete idiot as far as addons go, I can tell you, I read over this post, trying to find help as far as a simple fix to my issue, and was completely frustrated that the only responses that were given, were guys who had way more experience with coding and things than I do...the responses made very little sense to me, although I could grasp as much as the idea of binding a key to have a certain action which would clear a window, which was not my problem. I don't know if the actions that helped me have the effect of, I guess, re-familiarizing the interface with what is supposed to happen when esc is pressed, or even if that is possible for an interface to "re-learn" it's core functions, but I can tell you without a doubt, I still have the issue periodically when zoning, and I solve it every time by hitting "p" to open my book, then hit escape to close it, and that restores the function of my escape key. Hope this helps you /shrug.

-Five