View Single Post
10-07-16, 10:04 AM   #3
Swirrel
An Aku'mai Servant
It's funny how it seems there's a lot of ppl out there who has issues with NPCScan and Carbonite running at the same time.

I've used the 2 above mentioned addons on several different toons of both factions and a variety of lvl's and NEVER had an issue with them working together... And we're talking 7+ years...

Not saying that it should work, just that it's odd that it doesn't....

Could it be another addon clashing?

Also, if you got NPCScan Overlay, disable it and leave Carb and npcscan running and see if that solves anything.
If not, shut the game down, cut the cache+wtf+addons folder to another location. start the game, log in to a toon. wait for everything to load and the shut the game down again...
Now take the new cache+wtf+addons folder and place it somewhere else and then copy the first 3 cache+wtf+addons back in to their original location and start the game, log in to a toon and wait for everything to load.
I know it sound like gibberish, but it has worked several times for me over the past 10 years..

Anyway, if it doesn't work there's only 1 more thng that might will... disable ALL addons and turn them back 3-4 at a time... it's time consuming and may not help one bit, but without trying it you're nowhere closer to knowing IF (and only IF) it's another addon that's screwing with you..

Troubleshooting takes time - alot of time, but well worth the effort afterwards.

Cheers Swirrel.
Want to upload carbonite quest data? Then this is link you need: http://atk.github.io/Carbonite/ scroll down the page and halfway there's a button for Browse. Follow the directions to [WoW]\WTF\Account\[Account]\SavedVariables directory and select the file named Carbonite.Quests (it's the LUA file) then upload the file.