View Single Post
03-21-09, 08:31 AM   #92
sweede
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tekkub View Post
Signing. It's not somewhere they want to go, but the code has been in place for a long time, and is used by *one* addon out there. If they have to, they will though.

Tek, i love your addons, every single one of them. I use like.. 35? i think.

Anyways, if they start to require code signing and it costs a nominal fee for the key, i'll buy it so i can continue to use panda, buffet, teks*, syc, and so many others i forget.

On to the topic.

While i don't write addons and i don't really support any addon authors, i do write code (mainly php, some lua) and feel that there is a large amount of gray area concerning #5. I would venture to say that no one has an issue with #1,2,4,7,8.

on #3, it took me a while to figure out what they could be refering to, then i remembered.

back in the day when gatherer was all the rage, there was GatherShare..

GatherShare used a hardcoded channel to share data with everyone on the server in your faction. you could also at that time, send/export all of your gather database..

Some one did that, with an absolutly insane amount of data. After being locked up for about 20s, i eventually got DC"d from wow.

#6 is a catchall clause imo. Since addons that are distributed on this site and others like it are freely available by anyone, that anyone could be people that shouldn't need to be seeing the addon content that is rated R and higher...

For #6, I bet blizzard would say "if you want to write an addon w/naked girls, keep it hosted in your members section of your guilds website". But then again, wowinterface would say the same thing and remove those types of addons