View Single Post
11-30-11, 02:27 AM   #9
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Saiket View Post
Yep, you can either use time(), which only has second precision, or debugprofilestart()/debugprofilestop() which has sub-millisecond precision but might interfere with legitimate debug timers.
time() doesn't have the precision for FPS-based throttle code and I started work on a prototype of library code to restore the old GetTime() functionality using the profiling functions while attempting to make their use transparent. It would do this my hijacking the functions themselves then creating proxy functions to allow other addons to still use them.

Although as a side-effect of the library code in effect now, GetTime() would have a lot more precision than it used to have, although it may be off by as much as 1ms.

I guess another way would be to use GetFramerate() to see how much time you need to adjust by and use the profiling functions to govern the loops.

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
.. apparently SetCooldown isn't working the same way anymore. Some new frame or two has been created that handles events and doesn't update the buttons at the same rate as they did before.
I'll have to look for that, it's blocking my cooldown text addon from working.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 11-30-11 at 02:36 AM.