Thread: Z-Perl 2
View Single Post
02-21-16, 10:01 AM   #12
ceylina
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
This may seem a bit off topic but since I looked into your code when I was working on changing what I used to unload blizzard's raid frames I was wondering if you were giving thought to how you are doing it going forward?

It looks like they are adding more functions to better load and unload compact raid frames but I don't know if they are finally going to start reworking the horrendous coding that taints if you look at it funny.

What I have done with great success is to just disable the blizzard addons that handle compact raid frames, profile, and the raid frame manager completely. It adds a step to the user of requiring a reload to disable them or reenable them but it eliminates just hiding the framework of this buggy mess and instead just removes it completely. Granted this prevents party frames from being used as compact raid frames but in cases of a complete unit frame package like z-perl you don't even want party frames. The additional benefit is it also disables the raid frame interface options from blizzard.

By disabling these two addons:

DisableAddOn("Blizzard_CUFProfiles")
DisableAddOn("Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames")

you remove them from the equation. One huge benefit I have noticed is the raid frames in my addons are much more responsive and i haven't got a single compact raid frame taint error since doing this.

Just a thought.