View Single Post
05-10-09, 12:51 PM   #114
lilsparky
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Elesarr View Post
I disagree.

I would much prefer the author to address the issues as s/he knows the mod: WM doesn't (I seriously doubt they sit down and learn how each mod works they host then collaborate with the actual author to ensure any changes they make are in guidance with the official UI changes posted by blizzard - ever heard of TAINT....) and I do not appreciate ANY app doing things on my computer that I am not aware of - WM also messes with the registry settings of the TCP/IP packets.
sure, but the extent of the edits weren't things like reworking an algorithm so much as fixing things like typos or adding missing arguments for api changes -- stuff that causes a mod to actually pop and error rather than simply not do what it's supposed to.

i don't think wowmatrix was a panacea or anything -- it had a lot of issues, but it still did one thing very, very well. and that one thing is something a lot of people appreciate. i personally look at it as a competition thing -- the more competition we have between companies serving up addons, the better the users of those addons will be treated as a way to get their support.

i'm hopeful that the wowi updater will work well. i think wowi is a little more "service oriented" than curse is. i absolutely love the wowace side of curse, but the curse side of curse blows chunks. i've tried the curse client a few times and every time i'm underwhelmed. guess we'll see how things pan out.