Thread: TBC UI Changes
View Single Post
10-07-06, 03:38 PM   #14
wmrojer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I can understand why they make these changes, but I don't agree with them for that reason.

By makeing these changes they make the game more evenly difficult for everyone. If they would have to take into account the best automation addons when setting the difficulty for the new content for TBC, it would be to difficult for those that do not use those addons.

But on the other hand, alot of the tasks that you have to perform is very simple, repetative and far from fun to perform. And isn't that what it's all about, being fun to play. So it's a balance.

I'm afraid that we will be seeing the same evolvment in WoW as was the case back in EQ with MacroQuest if they limit the api to much. Makeing an even bigger difference between those that automate and those that don't. At least as long as addons are use to automate the chars can't be moved around, preventing fully automated bots. But if someone develops MacroWoW that will change, makeing everything possible to automate. Detection of enemies, movement, accurate pet control, makeing it possible to play 6 instances of wow on one computer with perfect syncronization of all the characters in a group for fully automatic instance farming..... I guess you get the picture.

And don't tell me it's not possible, because i've seen it in live action in EQ, and WoW is develped with more controll left to the client side and less validation on the server side.