Thread: TBC UI Changes
View Single Post
10-07-06, 11:08 PM   #19
Benea
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't have an issue with them removing decursive. I always felt uncomfortable using it, it was too close to botting (in my opinion). I love raiding, and it's why I play this game.

Losing the emergency monitor (I use Squishy) will impact my enjoyment of the game, unless some alternative form is put in. I asked myself if I want to go back to staring at 40 healthbars (25 in TBC), and I can't see myself doing it--I can see the healer burnout looming at this point, if I have to take a step back.

If any of you have used Squishy it doesn't work like CTRA's EM. It mainly just sticks the hurt people into one box together--it doesn't sort it according to health at all--it does give you information on who is actively being hit however and who is receiving a heal from another healer. I don't use clickcasting, so I choose who to heal by clicking, and I choose the spell (and the rank) to cast. My spells are all casted by keybinds. What in my actions here is considered "automated" by Blizzard is my question. I have no macros except my tell macros for whispercast (which I believe won't work either, yay for manual buffing, not) for my buffs.

Slouken's post (see the quote above) makes me imagine 25 people, and to heal them, I mouse over the name, right click, pick a spell from a menu, left click. Choose the next person, right click, pick a spell from a menu, left click. This is SWG style UI. I absolutely hated this system.

Overall, from reading posts, I'm pretty disappointed at the direction the game is going. I'm hoping the positive additions (are there any?) will alleviate the immense tedium and increased button pushes and mouse clicks that radial and drop down menus will introduce. I'm definitely going to take a close look at the PTR when the UI changes go there, and decide whether I still want to support this game with my time and money.

Last edited by Benea : 10-07-06 at 11:12 PM.