View Single Post
10-17-08, 02:20 PM   #53
Ironfather
A Murloc Raider
Two very key points:

1) Over the next couple of days, we need to decide whether we want to patch MazzleUI - in which case we have to work by his approval and rules (there is some back ground email to substantiate this) and we are not going to be adding any new features - just making the ones it has work, even if by replacing non-core addons.

If rather than patch MazzleUI we want to evolve it, we need to respect that Mazzle does not - will not - give permission to release any of his code under our own thing. He never has, and never will. This is not the forum for a political debate about that. Mazzle has been consistent all along in this regard. If we are adding features or releasing a replacement for MazzleUI - we are writing it from scratch - or at least not using his code anywhere in ours.

2) In so far as team formation, McBean and I are co-handling the management in the background. Brem is technical directing. Everyone else is hammering and building to different levels of participation with Erogroth herding the cats. It is currently a very flat organization - no one trumps anyone else. Someone minds the goal while someone else scores in the other goal - neither are more important than the other.

Anyone else wanting to shift their names into one of these three buckets:

1. Management
2. Architecture
3. Construction

tell me so. Here or you can also email me at Ironfather AT gmail.

Management includes admin (like web hosting and version control should we need it if we go down that new product branch). Construction includes testing - you will stand under the bridge you built while we drive over it to test it.

We'll send out work segments and let folks volunteer to take pieces on. HOWEVER, the first task at hand is to inventory what IS working and what is NOT working in MazzleUI under the 3.0.2 patch.

The second task (most likely after understanding what is not working and how much work it will be to make it work) is to decide if we are patching MazzleUI or starting anew.

I'll start two new threads in the forum, one to list what IS working, and one to list what is NOT working (and suitable replacement strategies if you have those in mind).

Thanks-

Ironfather.

Last edited by Ironfather : 10-17-08 at 02:32 PM.