View Single Post
08-06-09, 04:18 AM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by OldHarry View Post
I even bothered to check minion today but as usally all internal errors.
Familiarize yourself with the word "beta".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softwar...ife_cycle#Beta

Curse client did not have the update for dbm which caused countless headaches and numberous wipes in naxx. After 80g worth of repairs someone came on and told us wowmatrix had the updated version of dbm.
You're blaming your numerous Naxx wipes on Curse because they didn't have an updated version of DBM? It really never occurred to the officers of your guild to check the DBM site before the raid to see if anyone was having issues with it after the patch? My guild did a Naxx farm run last night, and I know (we) the officers discussed beforehand downloading BigWigs. Why? Because we found out long before the raid that DBM had not been updated and did not work. BigWigs on the other hand had two updates yesterday. Why did we bother? Because it is our responsibility since we require either DBM or BW for our raids. If you want a successful raid run, then not only do you do the homework for the instance, but you ensure that everyone has a working copy of whatever addons are required for the runs. The Curse client is not responsible for your wipes. You are.

I want the updater that works. I want the updater that is easy to use. I want the updater that updates the most mods. Now tell me again why wowmatrix is so freaking bad when it was the only one that worked today? And I dont want the garbage about not supporting developers - they seem to have fixed that.
If you want the job done right, then do it manually and stop being dependent on 3rd party software.

Last edited by Petrah : 08-06-09 at 04:22 AM.