Thread: My 2 cents
View Single Post
12-27-14, 02:43 PM   #1
ribeirobreno
A Murloc Raider
Post My 2 cents

I'm trying to ditch curse and keep only minion here but these are bugging me:

- The search feature is too slow. I can understand slow for the "Find More" tab but not for the "Installed" tab.
--> A workaround is to type the whole word outside minion and copy it into the search box. It is still slow but bearable.
--> A suggestion: do not go online for the "Installed" tab if this is the case. If this is not the case or if it is needed, add a small (or bigger if there is already one) delay before the search starts.
--> Another suggestion: add an option to not search while we type. Requiring to type "enter" or to click a button.

- My own addons can't be seen on the list (those i made for myself and am not going to publish for now).
--> It would be useful to have them listed even with a tag stating that they are not available from Minion sites.

- Absence of manual refresh for the addons list
--> Also allow to turn off the hourly poll.
--> Allow to set the poll interval. Once or twice a day is perfectly fine for some of us.

- Automatic update setting per addon.
--> Some addons i get from github.
--> Those who publish their addons already have the most updated version of their addons: have other addons auto-updating while having theirs with auto-update turned off.
--> Those with multiple updaters can check the auto-update for addons not available in the other website or that they know is updated here first. And turn it off for others.

- I only have WoW here, can the "my games" panel can be removed? It gets too much screen space for nothing...