Thread: wow installer
View Single Post
04-26-10, 09:29 AM   #19
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
I would test each stick individually ... you may be able to salvage some and just replace a few sticks.

Also once you get WoW installed burn the WoW folder to a DVD.

This way when you want to re-install WoW all you need to do is copy the CD to your HDD. There is no need to actually "install" WoW. WoW will run just fine doing this.

Good luck.

Is there anyone that you know that has WoW that lives near you that would allow you to burn their WoW folder?? Be a heck of alot faster than downloading 7.5 gb of data from Blizzard.
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
I agree. Test each stick individually.

When I was having Error 134's, that's how I tested mine. Luckily I only had to replace one stick. It's a pain in the ass to run a 6 to 8 hour test (or until you hit errors) for each stick, but well worth the time.

Shouldn't take that long really. 7.5 gigs of data can be downloaded in less than 30 min. Once he gets new ram, after download from start to finish it's less than a 2 hour install (that includes patches). Not really all that long concidering time can fly by fast if you watch a really good movie during install hehe.

mankeluvsit,
Before you get ready to install the game again, be sure to prepare your system..... defrag, reboot, run chkdsk (from command prompt chkdsk C:/r ) if you haven't already.
Originally Posted by xandora View Post
How many sticks of RAM do you have? They could be paired/slotted incorrectly if there's more than 1.
yeah, none of my irl friends play wow so this is out of the question, ill test each stick when i get off work. i dont mind downloading it cause it takes the most 2-3 hours, not much a big deal (i have patch backups on my external)
ill let you guys know whats up