View Single Post
01-01-11, 01:55 PM   #21
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by FlareLT View Post
And for me it's sad, that new client on market "MMOUI Minion" uses JAVA. I wish it was stand-alone client, probably written in C, and not based on any bloated "platform".

Well, at least JAVA is multi-platform, which makes it less ridiculous (compared to .NET).
That's not why Minion is written in Java. It's written in Java because it has the capability of being extended by anyone via OSGI. In fact, anyone could write their own WoWI module for Minion if they wanted to. When people complain about Minion's problems it's not actually Minion that's unstable but rather the WoWI module and, in particular, its algorithm for finding addons. The core functionality of the program is pretty stable and, with the exception of one security manager bug (where it was locking out actions that it shouldn't) I really haven't heard of any problems with it.

Granted, that doesn't really mean much if nobody else chooses to write modules, but it's there.

That being said, I've just graduated and suddenly have a lot of free time, which I've already allocated towards fixing the well-known addon detection problems.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/