View Single Post
09-01-12, 06:15 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
  • Good to know it still works
  • I don't think encouraging someone to downgrade Java, and undoing bugfixes and security updates is a good idea -- unless you can install both, but I doubt it
  • Sorry for not saying Minion can be run concurrently as the game; I missed that because the news of no more updates to Minion had shocked me
  • Yes, running both updaters at the same time is BAD, and can corrupt installed addons as the two clients "fight" over latest versions. There is a workaround, but only very advanced users should try it.
  • *nod*
  • I'm not 'encouraging' anyone to downgrade, undo bugfixes or security updates. And to suggest that I am is insulting to say the least. Yes you can install both.
  • He never asked about whether the programs can run when the game is running. (Although you are correct in that both will work with the game running.) What he did ask was if you have to have the program(s) running all the time, or if you could choose to only run it when you want. (Also, how can the news that we aren't updating Minion any more shock you when you already said you never used it in the first place so wasn't paying any attention to it?)
  • The 'work-around' as you term it is dead easy and doesn't require some to be an 'advanced user'. If you are getting Mod X updated from Site A's program, then don't also update it from Site B's program.