View Single Post
03-17-15, 11:57 PM   #9
Barleduq
Premium Member

Premium Member
OP replies, adds more.

a) Re: Using curse client: If I wanted to fuss with the curse client under Wine, I wouldn't be here on WoW Interface at all.

b) I have both AddonUsage and Warmup installed but disabled. The directory I used to generate that list doesn't have them in it. Not sure why, as it's supposedly it has the most recent copy of all my installed addons. Apparently I didn't catch something in my MoP expac directory.

c) I will try disabling the Astrolabe addons, but my goal in this effort is to find out what I can do *other* than disabling daily/all-toon-useful addons.

d) Long loading screens are annoying. But what's more annoying is that every time I /reload, I get disconnected. And if I'm (for example) flying, even on system taxi, and change zones (Stormwind to Elwynn Forest, to Duskwood, to Deadwind Pass (ran through Kara last night), running Lunarfall to anywhere) my screen freezes for 10-30 seconds, sometimes longer. That usually does *not* disconnect me, but on rare occasions has done so. (Going to Eventide Landing is VERY annoying, cause it's possible to hit the edge of the Lunarfall zone and wedge 5 times in 20 steps.)

e) I rarely have FPS higher than 20, and usually more in the 10-15 range, and lower in places such as Stormwind Trade District. As that is consistent with my husband's experience, I assume that's the age of our machines. Yes, we have upgraded the graphics cards to the best we can afford, and have the best drivers we can find for them. (A few months ago we were getting errors from Blizz about our graphics card drivers, and upgraded as required.) One of the primary reasons I don't even try to raid is that all the flashing spells/lights/etc can bring me down to 2-5 fps, which makes me pretty much useless - it limits how fast I can activate spells/abilities, so mostly I'm running on autoattack. It's also the main reason I do ranged dps, since being able to find and keep close to a given mob is difficult, at best, and often well-nigh impossible especially in dungeons.

I don't *think* that our internet connection - a DSL line - is responsible here. Husband doesn't get disconnected. When the 2 kids were still playing wow, they have modern laptops (windows 7 and 8, i believe) and they didn't get disconnected, and apparently didn't have problems raiding. One kid had installed Auctioneer, and had dropped it cause it was lagging her every time an item dropped. (or perhaps she moused over the item, I'm not sure)

Sometime in the next few days I'll dl the latest version of both AddonUsage and Warmup and see what they tell me.

One more thing: is there a difference between having an addon installed but disabled, and removing the addon altogether? For example, I have Enchantrix enabled only on my auction/bank alt (to know what's useful for what), my enchanter, my alchemist and my JC. I have it disabled for others. I have all the garrison addons disabled for the toons that aren't in Draenor. I have a profile on Archy for the toons that do not have archaeology trained, which I *think* has things turned off. I've noticed, lately, that Wholly/Grail only activate on the first quest I turn in. (First thing when I login, running solo dungeons that I've done before, for example - no quests to turn in; finish dungeon, go back to questing, notice the grail 'retrieving' messages in chat.)

Last edited by Barleduq : 03-18-15 at 12:01 AM. Reason: more stuff.