View Single Post
03-18-15, 01:17 AM   #11
10leej
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I discovered your issues. Your running WoW via Wine. So here's a couple answers from my experience using wine on archlinux.

A) Don't bother with curse client on wine. I've never gotten it working, however minion does but even then it's easier just to manually install the addons.

E) Thats because while there is a blizz dev working to make the game run on Wine that doesn't mean the game is ment tio be run on wine. I have a wimilar issue on my 3rd gen i5 desktop where I only get 30fps while windows I get 90+ regardless of wine version. You could try running the opengl graphics rather than directx if your not already doing so (windows users with fps issues can try this as well). You could also try the recommended performance tweaks in wine as well. (yes link sare to archlinux wiki but this is general info for WoW and WINE)

Originally Posted by Barleduq View Post
(BTW, Phanx, re browsers mentioned in another thread, I found Midori, and it seems to have far fewer issues with WoWInterface than Opera. It's got some Issues, but they aren't any more annoying than various things in Opera. It still doesn't load Curse.com, tho.
Opera's support for Linux is.... just plain bad. Chrome runs fine if your against using chrome use chromium its open source sister. Altrernateively curse.com load fine in firefox, iceweasel, qupzilla, and vivaldi

Or run curse from elinks. Yes it works.

Just DLed AddonUsage and Warmup - from the github, Phanx, thank you. I presume the 'download zip' button on that page gives me the same sort of zipfolder as from WoWInterface?
Yes it's the same package

I DLed something from there a while back and while it was in my AddOns folder, I never saw it ingame
You installed it incorrectly most likely. however you said you removed it so im not gonna worry about it

Last edited by 10leej : 03-18-15 at 01:29 AM.