View Single Post
10-26-16, 07:41 AM   #1
Xruptor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
WOWInterface Auto Packager? Curse has it.

Okay I'm getting really tired of having to manually package my addons on WOWInterface everytime I push an update. Normally I have to go through the tedious task of pushing it to the GIT Repository on WOWInterface, every time I have an update on this site.

Then I have to do the following which is tedious and annoying.

AUTHOR MENU
-> Git Control Panel
-> Find the freaking Repo
-> go to "Make Zip"
-> Change the version number
-> add the blasted changelog manually
-> press "Generate Zip"
-> On the next page "Accept" the newly generated zip
-> Push it for "Review"
-> Wait until it gets approved and then shows up as "Updated" on my Addons List.

It's crazy, especially when I have several addons I need to update at once sometimes. I never have this much problems on Curse. Whenever I push to my Curse git repo's, it will automatically generate the ZIP file based on the latest TAG that is committed. It even grabs all the commit messages and puts them together as the file description. Simple and effective!

Why doesn't wowinterface do this? I just don't understand it.

Now I'm aware of the following posts:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=51835
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=51553

Are you telling me that there isn't a way for wowinterface to auto package my pushes, other then having to rely on using CURL or a Proxy Script? I never have had to do any of these things when pushing to Curse GIT repos. It just works out of the box. There has to be something I'm missing or some setting that allows WOWInterface to automatically parse my addon GIT pushes and package the stuff for me. This manual process is beginning to really aggravate me. Any help you folks can provide would be great.

if (sizeof(sadness) > sizeof(happiness)) { initDepression(); }

Last edited by Xruptor : 10-26-16 at 07:47 AM.