View Single Post
01-15-13, 05:35 AM   #7
Barleduq
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Xruptor View Post
Hi, I'm the creator of BagSync and I can tell you that no addon will have absolute support for multiple accounts. It just isn't possible with the way Blizzard has setup how data saves data for addons on accounts. Right now data is saved on account basis and is not shared across accounts. So addons cannot grab data that is on another account because it doesn't have access to it.
*nods* This is why I ask questions here. I'm not a coder, tho I was tolerably able to mod shell script for my work when I last had a job.

If you go to the comments section of BagSync, tmcnabb created a guide to link the BagSync variables together across accounts.
Yep, I saw it. I don't run on windows at all, but I get the gist. I've recently followed the advice of someone in another thread and started using a free 'cloud' service to sync my data across two machines. I expect the same theory would work for two accounts as well. In fact, if I *did* have more than one account, I expect.... I'd have to figure out how to merge info. ... now i have to think about that... but I haven't started seeing more errors since I started that... hmph.