View Single Post
09-15-08, 11:45 AM   #15
AnrDaemon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vyper View Post
Its not even strictly "Virtualization bad". This was a necessary step for Microsoft to take, as this is something that never existed in their OS before. From an economic standpoint they simply cannot release an operating system which refuses to run 80% of the programs that are already in use on their old OS, as for some off the wall reason people get pissy when they don't work on the new one. There is no perfect solution, but the virtualization works for many programs.
It was there already for ages. Of course, many users weren't suffered by that in case they were working as system administrators...
I'd say it should be done way-way early, with Win2k probably.

And to one who said "WoW is not runned on windows exclusively so there's no reason for Blizzard to change the way" - that's even GREATER reason... Mac is a *NIX style OS as far as I know, thus using classic *NIX-like separation of programs, configuration data and user personal data.
I *DUNNO* why Blizzard so unaware of this fact. And if they ever considering Linux release, as many more users moving to Linux in case of Vista release (they can't sustain it's stupidity).