View Single Post
04-18-09, 08:52 AM   #574
Falter
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
But above all that is money. Money doesn't grow on trees.

It would have worked out if WoWMatrix has WORKED with WoWI and Curse to find a peaceful solution. They didn't.
And how much money will WoWI have if all the userbase moves to Curse's client before the WoWI one is finished? They will move to what works and they will stay there until it dies. Reference WoWAceUpdater and WoWMatrix.

So, if you wanna talk business rationale, I don't think you've invalidated my post. I'm not curse-ing (ooh, pun) at WoWI here, just expressing my concern that their userbase will fall because all the customers will have moved to a competitors product. I respect the guys at Curse and love their work. WoWAce was the best, but CurseForge << WoWAce. And I bet they know it. And the odd thing was that updaters were kinda born on WoWAce, originally hosted by WoWI and WoWAce went so far as to put links and guides to finding and using updaters on their site. Now they are the devil.

But anyway...

As for WoWMatrix, I totally agree. Why do you think I went second in taking my bite of the sh*t sandwich of blame? They get the highest honor, in my opinion, by going first there.