Thread: Darn you taint!
View Single Post
10-19-14, 02:56 AM   #1
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Darn you taint!

Umm so what is the best way to track down taint? I saw an addon somewhere that said it could tell you what addon and code really caused your taint... of course it didnt work haha!

After all this time im still battling taint. 3 places im having the most issues... the objectives tracker frame... i get what seems to be random blocking of the buttons on it after just a simple position adjustment that happens during addon_loaded. Also getting taint from the action bars or at least i think its from the action bars. Ironically the only error i ever get says the same thing all the time regardless of how i got it to trigger... it always says something along the lines of GrimUI attempted to call secure function TargetFrame:Hide() or something to that affect. Mostly fires when going in and out of combat while the bonus and takeover action bars are up. And yes I did modify the behavior of those a little. Or maybe this isnt something that can be dealt with? Ironically other then the objective tracker buttons issue and some odd behaviors in action bars occasionally it all works fine. I just hate seeing those taint errors... does everyones addons that mess with certain things end up with taint? Ive been at some of these issues for years now lol granted its an on again off again affair but... and yes i know i could just hide any taint errors from myself and the public by having GrimUI collect the errors and dispose of them but i would still know it was happening and its been driving me nuts. Also My action bars are nothing more then the bliz bars moved around. Buttons and secure code have always been my nemesis lol.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]