View Single Post
12-04-08, 01:00 AM   #10
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
Did you update the drivers from the link you gave to your graphics card ??

Depending on your computer you will need either the XP or Vista drivers (makes sure you get the right bit too either 32 or 64 bit OS)

As also stated It is suggested to clean the inside of the computer. If you find it hard to get compressed air there are other solutions. In the USA we have gas (petro) stations that have tire fill stations. They use compressed air too. Toss in a few coins and you get a few minutes of powerful blowing air ... works well.

Also you could try to re-seat the graphics card. Make sure computer is off. Open the case. Unplug monitor from card. Unscrew card from case. Gently lift card from slot. If it gives you a hard time there is the possibility there is a lock on the slot. It is usually located on the right side (closest side towards the front of the case) A little tab or slide lock may be there. Once you get the card out firmly place it back into the slot. Screw it back down. Plug monitor back in. Give it a try again.

Try updating Windows using Windows Update. Maybe something is needed that you lost when you reinstalled your OS.

If these ideas fail you can try to re-seat the other cards (if any) in your system. Also try re-seating your memory modules (they have lock tabs on the top and bottom) as well.

Finally it could be a faulty/dying card. Does it act up in other games??

Good luck.
Thanks for this reply, i'll try everything on my friends computer in about 7 hours, could be something with those drivers and special bits.

Furthermore, it acts up in other games.